The 2018 Applications of Edge Science Conference, a joint annual meeting of the Society for Scientific Exploration (SSE) and the International Remote Viewing Association (IRVA), seeks to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of edge science. Our aim is to enrich the issues and contribute to the understanding of the following subjects with empirical research and an encompassing perspective. We solicit your finest submissions in any area that explores applications backed by current research in the following topics:
Applications of Edge Science
- Submission Deadline - March 1, 2018 (now closed)
- Acceptance Notification - Early April, 2018
- Remote viewing
- New energy technologies
- Mediumship / After death communication
- Remote healing
- Intuition- or PK-mediated practices for investments, betting, etc.
- Psi devices and applications (eg. Random number generators, etc.)
- Divination (e.g., I Ching, tarot cards)
- Intercessory prayer
- Police work with intuitives
- Out-of-body experiences
- Psychic counseling
- Unidentified Aerial Phenomena technology
To encourage broad participation, all full SEE members are invited to submit an abstract related to one of the topics listed above (SSE associate members must be sponsored by a full member). Additionally, all interested parties in the field of remote viewing are invited to submit presentations in that area. Strong preference will be given to submissions relevant to the listed topics or other related applications of edge science.
Length and Formatting Requirements
The conference will include both talks and poster presentations. The duration of presentations will be determined by the number and quality of submissions received, and some submissions may be selected for a poster session. Generally, talks have been under 30 minutes, in the past.
All proposals should be submitted electronically via the web form linked below and are not to exceed 400 words in length (including an abstract and author biosketch). Submissions must include the following:
- A short title that captures the premise of the presentation:
- A brief narrative or abstract of the proposed presentation.
- A brief description of your background
- Presenter's contact information must include name, affiliation (if appropriate), phone, and email.
IF YOUR PROPOSAL DOES NOT MEET OUR GENERAL GUIDELINES IT MAY BE RETURNED TO YOU FOR MODIFICATION OR REJECTED.
How to Submit
Proposals must be submitted electronically to the Conference Committee via the web form linked below by March 1, 2018.
In the past, the number of submissions for talks or posters recommended for acceptance has exceeded the number of available slots in the program. Unfortunately, even if submissions meet the conference criteria, no guarantee can be made concerning whether a proposal will be accepted. All submissions, except invited talks, are subject to review and final determination by the Conference Committee. If your submission is accepted by the committee, additional materials including digital images and a video release form will be requested. Final acceptance and inclusion in the conference program is contingent upon receipt of these materials. Presentations cannot be changed after final acceptance without the express permission of the Conference Committee. The Notification of Acceptance will be in early April, 2018.
Within the bounds of good order, audience members are free to pose questions and voice objections or approval after a presentation. Please be prepared to field this commentary with appropriate decorum.
NOTE: Acceptance of a proposal does not constitute endorsement of the presenter's opinions by IRVA, the SSE, or the Conference.
Co-Chairs: John Cook, Garret Moddel
Committee members: Damon Abraham, Pam Coronado, Patrick Huyghe, Paul H. Smith
Info Email: [email protected]
- Deadline for papers: March 01, 2018
- Deadline for hotel discount: May 15, 2018
- Deadline for earlybird registration: TBA
- June 6: Evening reception (registration opens)
- June 7-10: Conference Talks